O.S Electrical Logo

Free Help & Information

How To Check Whether Your Electrician Is Qualified/ Insured & Registered..

When you hire an Electrical Contractor it is important to know you are employing someone with not only experience, but also that they have the correct Qualifications, Insurance and Registrations.

Don't be embarrassed about asking to see proof of Qualifications or a valid Insurance Certificate, Professional Electricians are more than happy to provide these details. Most Domestic Electrical work requires the Electrical Contractor to be 'Part P' registered.


The easiest way to be Part P registered is to be a member of a 'Quality Assurance Scheme Provider' such as NAPIT, NICEIC, ECA or Stroma.

To be a member of one of these schemes the electrician will have had their qualifications checked and will also be required to be insured. By asking to see their identity card and registration number, you can then cross reference it on the relevant website or phone number to see they are a legitimate electrician. Don't risk the safety of your family or employees by hiring an unqualified or uninsured electrician.

Carry out a psotcode search here to find a Qualified and Part P Registered Electricican.

  • ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Don't be intimidated, ask for proof of Qualifications, Part P Registration and Insurance, as the 'Duty Holder' you will be responsible for safety of the properties you own or rent, always check new contractors' details.


    For a list of O.S Electricals' Qualifications please click here.


    If you or anyone else would benefit from these informative pages then please subscribe email addresses using the subscription box below.

    Portfolio Logo

    Please check our portfolio page to see the recent projects we have been involved with.

    Electrical Competent Person Logo