O.S Electrical Logo

Free Help & Information

Know What Electrical Work Is Notifiable To Building Control..

The first thing to understand is that ALL electrical work carried out to the 'fixed wiring' should be Tested/ Inspected and Test Results given to the person ordering the work. Have you received Test Results for the electrical work you have been arranging? See an example of Test Results here.

The second thing to know is Building Control need to be notified when certain electrical work is undertaken. If your electrician is 'Part P Registered' with a Quality Assurance Scheme provider such as NAPIT, then they will take care of all of this for you and you or the home owner will be in receipt of a 'Notification' in the post within 30 Days of the work being carried out.

  • Notifiable Work:
  • The installation of a new circuit.
  • The replacement of a consumer unit (Fuse Board).
  • Any addition or alteration to existing circuits in a special location.
  • 'Special Location' Means:
  • Within a room containing a bath or shower.
  • A room containing a swimming pool or sauna heater.
  • If you are in charge of organising Electrical Work you should be in receipt of Test Results and Building Control Notification Certificates for work in 'Special Locations'. A Qualified and Registered Electrician will be able to provide you with this.

    To see the full explanation of the 'Building Regulations 2013 Approved Document P - Electrical Safety In Dwellings' click here.

    If you or anyone else would benefit from these informative pages then please subscribe email addresses using the subscription box below.

    Portfolio Logo

    Please check our portfolio page to see the recent projects we have been involved with.

    Electrical Competent Person Logo